Sunday, February 17, 2013

10 things

It's been awhile, so here are 10 things I am loving right now.

1. Through the Deep, Dark Valley by the Oh Hellos.
My friend recommended I download this album available on Noisetrade and I cannot stop listening! I'm not really sure how to describe this album except for that it's beautiful. Just try it out ok?

2. Afterglow
This app has changed my life dramatically as an Instagramer. Because let's be real, the Istagram filters in general are not that great. I mean, Kelvin literally turns your photo yellow.  Afterglow lets you mess with brightness, contrast, exposure, etc. There are also a million subtle filters to choose from and it gives you the option to post your whole photo rather than crop it to a square. Well worth the 99 cents if you ask me.

3. Meet the Robinsons
You guys, this movie is so good. I already knew this, but my love for it was rekindled. We watched it after ministry dinner the other night and let me tell you, I laughed, I cried, I laughed until I cried. It's so good. Here's a little taste.


4. "Old Lady Movie Night" 
Anne T. Donahue, a writer for Hellogiggles, write the absolute best movie reviews and calls them "Old Lady Movie Night." They kill me. Currently my favorite go-to when I need to take a break from work.

5. Brit Buttons
A friend of a friend is currently a student at the International House of Prayer University along with her husband and runs this super cute etsy shop as a way to supplement their income. All earrings are handmade and are based off a part of scripture. I recently purchased this pair based of Psalm 42:1, a favorite of mine. Definitely check her shop out. Her earrings and homemade lip balm make really great gifts!

6. New Girl
Go Nick Miller! I feel like we're finally getting what we deserve as loyal viewers.

7. Trufaced by Bill Thrall, Bruce McNicol, and John Lynch
"Trust God and others with who you really are." This book addresses the different masks we create because of unresolved sin in our lives and how they affect the way we operate. It addresses fear, denial, anger, shame, control, guilt...you know, the fun stuff. Not super well written, but filled with truth. Definitely worth the read.

8. Beyonce's documentary
Ok, so I haven't seen it yet, but I know I love it.

9. 40 letters
I was inspired by two of my good friend to write 40 letters (one for each day of lent) to 40 people who are currently important to me. I love getting a whole page to tell someone how awesome I think they are and how much they have impacted my life. I should have done this sooner.

10. Beta Love by Ra Ra Riot
Just try not to dance. I dare you.


---

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment