Tuesday, March 5, 2013

10 things: Anna Zajac Edition

I am pleased to introduce to you my second guest, Anna Zajac. Anna has been a good friend of mine for awhile now.  I met Anna when she walked into a Bible study I led during her freshman year and we have since had the blessing of witnessing each other "grow up" in faith and actions and love and so much more! Anna is one of the most talented people I know. (A fellow graphic designer and type nerd!) She is so in touch with the Father's heart and finds beauty in the smallest of moments. I am SO excited to share this "10 things" post with you and for you to catch a glimpse of this woman's beautiful heart. - Caitlin
---
10 ONLINE ARTICLES/WEBSITES I HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY LATELY:
Hey there! My name is Anna and I’m a designer in the making at Kent State University. When I’m not a student, I’m meeting up with women from my campus ministry or I’m photographing a wedding. I love Jesus and I’m in pursuit of living every aspect of my life for Him. I also like to play the ukulele, admire beautiful typography and mold jello in vintage jello molds as a hobby.
I don’t know about you, but I’m all about reading articles online these days. I follow a number of blogs and websites and wanted to share with you 10 online articles/websites that I have been inspired by lately! (Each number is a link to the article.)
I recently had the pleasure of attending The Justice Conference in Philadelphia. In Philly, I was reminded that justice is a character aspect, not just a thing we do. It comes out of a relationship with God. Justice is not just a good thing it’s a necessary thing. This truth has completely blown me out of the water and I’ve been left thinking about how I can be faithful with the little that has been given to me in regards to justice. I’ve been asking myself the question of how can I use my gifts and talents for justice? How does my character need to change in regards to justice? Just some of the things that have been going on in my head…anyways, here are my 10 articles! Enjoy!
So I’ve been following TWIST’s blog for a few months now and I appreciate their thoughts and simple posts. If you’re a social media lover like myself, this article is for you! Also, check out TWIST Creative’s work too…their work is fresh!
This video went viral about 10 months ago, but I recently saw it for the first time and it made me cry and also resonated with the childhood me. I love the power of visual storytelling and how simple and powerful ideas can come from children!
Also, make sure to watch the follow up video of what happened! Crazytown! 
An awesome designer, thinker and doer. This woman’s creative collaboration inspires me!
As a designer whose heart breaks for social injustice, this video about Design for Good inspires me. I love how this movement is just beginning and where it is going!
Every person in this article inspires me! Even if you’re not a designer, read about these people! Their creativity to use what they’ve learned from their schooling/experiences can inspire anyone.
Love the look, feel and purpose of this project! Wow! Designer or not, you will enjoy the strategy behind this “share an idea” concept.
Lately, I’ve been learning that I need to read up on the news and what’s really going on. Being faithful in small ways like this makes a difference in knowing how you can help with a cause you’re passionate about!
Ain’t that the truth. Loved this article and have re-read it multiple times throughout this semester. Providence is God’s sermon. Gospel Centered Discipleship is a great blog resource in general by the way!
This is an article I read from The Resurgence, an online resource for leadership and the church. This article reminded me how I’m so obsessed with wanting to be seen. Submission, humility, generosity and giving God the true glory are all touched on in this article. Beautiful stuff!
Kinfolk magazine is a guide for small gatherings. They have recently released their spring issue which is absolutely beautiful. I always appreciate the photos that come out of this work and there are some great, unique ideas for creating community with others. Follow their blog online by clicking on the "journal" section.
---

Connect with Anna!

No comments:

Post a Comment