Saturday, January 12, 2013

a break in photos

This was the 18th Christmas break of my life. If I've learned one thing, it's that Christmas break never gets old. While this break wasn't quite as carefree as breaks in the past (no students means more time for fundraising, organizing, etc.), it was still a wonderful time of refreshment for me; a perfect mixture of rest and adventure. 

My favorite way to tell a story is through pictures, so here's a snapshot of moments of joy in the past three weeks:


Colorado; exploring new coffee shops with friends; yearly Donzell's trip with the family; little brothers who get legos for Christmas (and let you play with them); sister time; snow; new friends who feel like family; giant breakfasts; new little ones; good books & fresh perspectives; best friends getting engaged; clean workspaces & handwritten notes; giant hairbows & ringlet curls; people you can share anything with; silly notes; tiny belated gifts. 

And some moments are so full of life you forget to get out your camera. Like witnessing your teammate  and friend marry the love of his life or playing Just Dance with your roommates so much that you start to memorize the routines.

I am so thankful for these three weeks and the rest that I have found in them, but I am also incredibly excited to be back on campus with the students. This semester is brimming with potential, and I cannot wait to see how God grows and stretches each one of them. 

To all my Kent and Akron friends: enjoy your last day of freedom and good luck next semester. Although you don't really need luck if you study... ;)

Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment