Friday, January 18, 2013

sister time.

Today my sixteen year old sister had school off, so I decided to kidnap her and go take some pictures. There is a small Mertropark a few minutes from my parents' house so we went there and walked though the meadows. Even though it is one of the smallest parks in the area, it is one of my favorites. The boardwalk-styled path weaves through grasses tall enough to hide the road. It is a perfect place to go running or to shut the world out for a little while and take a long walk.

Today was cold, but unusually warm for January in Ohio. Even so, we only made it about halfway through the path when our fingers were too frozen to go any further, but it was just nice to be able to spend some time together. Now that Hannah is older, the six years between us don't seem so vast.



I loved the way her blue coat looked against the grey of wintery Ohio.
It reminded me of  the Albert Camus quote, "In the midst of winter,
I found there was within me and invincible summer."


My sister is beautiful both inside and out. She is tall with porcelain skin and princess hair. She is loud and full of life and can find humor in absolutely anything. It was so fun getting to photograph her today even though she has a hard time staying serious in front of a camera :)

















Happy Friday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment